LSS Income Tax Assistance
Legal Services for Students offers a variety of tax assistance options for both international and U.S. resident filers.
W-2 and 1042-S Forms
- KU employees can access their W-2 form through the State of Kansas (SOKS) Employee Self Service Portal.
- If you have consented to receive your W-2 electronically, you can access your W-2 by logging into the SOKS Employee Self Service Center. KU Payroll's website has a page with instructions on how to access your KU W-2 online.
- Printed W-2 forms for employees who do not consent to receive their W-2 information electronically are mailed in late January in accordance with IRS regulations. Printed W-2 forms will be mailed to the address listed in HR/Pay as of the end of December.
- International students, faculty, and staff may have income reported on a 1042-S form.
- 1042-S forms are distributed by the State of Kansas. 1042-S forms are sent to recipients by U.S. mail, and are typically mailed out in March. 1042-S recipients must wait until they receive that form to prepare their tax return. If you are not sure if you should expect to receive a 1042-S form, contact LSS at email@example.com.